About me

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bicycle

Yes, a bicycle.


I bought this some time back thinking it would provide a reasonable alternative to running and perhaps even walking. Then work and life conspired, along with Raleigh traffic, and it sat idle for a few years. Last year, another try, another rejection. This year, we're doing a little better, though Raleigh's traffic is worse.

This modest success might be because of a better class of NSAID. It might be that I'm a little more ornery than before, which many would tell you is hard to imagine. Perhaps the stars just aligned.

Regardless, it's seen some action in the few weeks. I ride it to Planet Fitness. I ride it downtown for dinner. Sometimes a beer. C'mon! There's gotta be a little immediate reward in there somewhere for me.

I'd like to ride it to work, and that's a 12 mile ride, but it'll be a while before that happens, not so much because of the distance but because of the traffic. There are very narrow shoulders on the roads between here and my office. I'd be mashed flat within the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment