About me

Sunday, April 24, 2011

My Gain fabric softener box





And it's empty. Yet, I'll probably hang onto it a little longer.

Lily came for a visit last January, and I went out to the parking lot to wait for her. On the way, I noticed an open box of dryer sheets on the pavement. Someone had dropped them either in coming or going.

I brought them back up to the apartment, put them with the detergent, and continued to wait. Yes, I had gone to the parking lot far too early.

Each week following, I reached for the box regularly. With each sheet, I recalled Lily's visit. Lunch at the Flying Saucer. Our stroll through the arb. Her happy feet. The hugs. Walking back home after she left from the gas station.

The unwelcome quiet of the apartment.


Sent from a mobile device

No comments:

Post a Comment